CUT-OUT NOSEY CUP
The three cups above are cut-out nosey cups….and are sold through talk tools and Amazon. I wanted to post about them because they are great for addressing open cup drinking.
The nosey-cups are ideal for people with limited range of motion of the head, neck or upper extremities, or arthritis. The Nosey Cup has a cut out for the nose that permits you to drink without bending your neck or tilting your head. Made from translucent plastic. Dishwasher safe. Cut out for the nose permits drinking without bending neck or tilting head. Nosey Cup Specifications:4 oz., 8 oz. and 12 oz. sizes. Made from translucent plastic. Dishwasher safe.
What I like about the cups too…..I can assist with cup drinking and I can squeeze the cup together as I am watching the little one with grading-knowing how much to open your mouth during eating or drinking…the child’s ability to know how much of a movement to make.
When your little one has become more competent with the nosey-cup….or at the same time….as I always tell parents “bath time is the perfect time to practice cup drinking”….with sink water…yes some parents thought I meant with bath water. In the bath tub there are no worries if you spill…..and this provides your little one with a great opportunity to practice. Please post with any questions…below you will find further information from the website about he reflo cups.
The Reflo Smart Cup ™ is a revolutionary new concept in training cups. It’s a smart alternative to sippy cups and a great transitional tool for your children to learn to drink from an open cup.
No buttons or other complicated mechanisms to operate. It’s as easy as drinking from any ordinary cup without the worry of big spills due to the patent-pending Reflo ™ insert that controls the flow of beverage anywhere along the cup’s rim and at virtually any angle.
BPA-free, phthalate-free and dishwasher safe, the Reflo Smart Cup ™ is designed for safety and hygiene with no moving parts to trap dirt and germs.
Recommended for all ages as a smart alternative to “sippy cups” which have been associated with dental and speech problems.
The Reflo Smart Cup ™ is the safe, smart way to learn to drink from a regular cup.
- Cup capacity with Reflo insert in place is 6 fl. oz.
- Cup capacity without Reflo insert in place is 10 fl. oz.
- Cup colors available: Red Violet, Blue, Green and Clear
- Reflo insert color: Clear
- All components are BPA free
- All components are phthalate free
- All components are dishwasher safe
- Cup and Reflo insert are virtually unbreakable (see warnings below)
- Any child old enough to use a sippy cup
- Any adult that wants a virtually splash-proof cup while on the go
- All components are translucent so that users can see beverage levels for both safety reasons and as a training aid, so that users can actually see the cup’s contents as they drink.
- For optimum hygiene, there are no moving parts to trap debris and germs.
- Will work at virtually all angles and at any point of rotation delivering the same amount of beverage to the user as they drink from the rim of the cup.
- Virtually splash-proof, making the reflo smart cup ideal for transporting in cup holders in the car or on strollers.
- Can be used with ice cubes without concern of users choking on cubes. The Reflo insert will keep cubes in the beverage and away from the user’s mouth.
- Not for use with hot beverages.
- Not for use with beverages containing pulp or other solid matter that may clog openings of the Reflo insert. Ice cubes will not affect the proper operation of the Reflo Smart Cup.
- The Reflo Smart Cup is not spill-proof. It is designed as a training aid for users to learn to drink from a rimmed cup.
- Do not use excessive pressure to set the insert into the cup as it may become lodged. See instructions for recommendations on removing a lodged insert.
- Only use the provided cup with the Reflo insert. The Reflo insert is designed specifically for this cup and will not work in most other cups.
- Reflo Smart Cups can develop cracks if thrown onto hard surfaces, especially when filled.